Top 5 Family-Friendly Hikes When Staying at Mt. Bachelor Village Resort by Meredith Lodging
A stay at Mt. Bachelor Village Resort by Meredith Lodging puts you in prime location to explore nearby family-friendly hikes, where the whole family can enjoy the stunning sights of Central Oregon – the Deschutes River, the Cascade Mountains, towering ponderosa pines, and local wildlife.
Ready to explore the breathtaking scenery, endless outdoor activities, and exclusive amenities for our guests? Book a stay at Mt. Bachelor Village Resort by Meredith Lodging for a memorable family getaway!
Find an Oregon Vacation Rental to Match Your Activities
While searching around for things to do in Oregon, you can sometimes lose sight of why you want to visit in the first place. With that in mind, it’s crucial to find somewhere that satisfies your needs. For example, if you wish to indulge in some retail therapy, you’ll probably want a vacation rental near Bend, where you’ll find several well-known retailers. Or, if you’re going to try surfing, beachcombing, or ocean fishing, you’ll want to post up somewhere like Newport, Lincoln City, or Cannon Beach.
Here are our top 5 family-friendly hikes in Bend:
- Deschutes River Trail. This 3-mile, family-friendly trail can be accessed directly from Mt. Bachelor Village resort – it runs right through the property! Enjoy the convenience and beauty of this favorite trail for locals and visitors alike. Certain parts of the trail allow dogs, but we recommend verifying before heading out with your favorite four-legged friend!
- Pilot Butte. The Butte is in the center of Bend and is open year-round. This trail is roughly 1.5 miles in and out and will reward you with stunning views of the Cascades and high desert vistas. During the summer, you can also drive to the top of Pilot Butte for a 360-degree view of Bend!
- Tumalo Falls. No trip to Bend is complete without a hike on this iconic trail. In the winter, you can snowshoe 2.5 miles from the parking area to view the stunning falls, or in warmer months, park closer to the falls. There is a $5/vehicle/day recreation fee site – passes are available onsite, or you can purchase online here.
- Todd Lake. This popular trail is suitable for all ages. The 1.5-mile loop takes you around the lake with only a slight elevation gain. The trail is only open during the summer months but will spoil you with beautiful views of mountains and wildflowers. If you are lucky, you may see hundreds of baby frogs that hatch here in early summer.
- Benham Falls. Spend an afternoon hiking amongst old growth ponderosa pine along the Deschutes River. There are a few waterfalls along the trail – perfect for that family photo, as well as several picnic areas, great for a resting area and a snack to fuel up as you continue exploring the beauty of Bend. Leashed pups allowed.
Ready to get out and explore the unique and unforgettable beauty of Central Oregon?
Book a stay at Mt. Bachelor Village Resort by Meredith Lodging for a memorable family getaway! Check out our amazing selection of condominiums and homes or call our Reservations Team at 877.778.9055 to book your stay. We guarantee one stay will have you falling in love with Bend!
We hope to see you soon! In the meantime, follow us on Social and post those pics with #STAYWITHMEREDITH.